Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Reopening-- What to Expect

It's finally time!

One Love Nail Salon will be reopening July 1, 2020.

However, Maggie (me,) will not be returning to the salon until July 15, 2020.

The salon has some new policies in place and it's vital that everyone who chooses to book an appointment be aware of them:

1. Yes. Face coverings are mandatory. For you, for me, for everyone in the salon and for the entire duration of the time we are in the salon.

I understand that many people have strong feelings about face masks so you need to understand that this is a non-negotiatable issue for receiving services. 

It's one of the requirements we have to follow in order to reopen without risk to our professional licenses and just a good idea.

If it's a deal breaker issue for you-- I will not be able to accomodate you at this time. 

2. We will be taking your temperature when you arrive.

This is something my co-workers agreed on as a precautionary measure for the protection of everyone in the salon. 

Again, there is not opt-out. If you are uncomfortable with this, you should not attempt to book an appointmentn with me or any of my salon colleagues.

3. Wash your hands: There will be hand santizer gallore! But if you want me to touch your hands, you'll need to wash them with soap and water for 20+ seconds before we begin your service.

On that note-- I will not be wearing gloves while I work. It is not a requirement for reopening and it's been a point of serious consideration for me through out my career, not just in the face of the pandemic: I have long held the opinion that if it is not safe to touch my clients (and vice versa) then neither of us have any business attempting a nail service. Full stop. 

I will-- of course-- also be washing and santizing my hands between each client. However, if you are not comfortable receiving services from a nail tech not wearing gloves, again-- I will not be able to accomodate you at this time.

4. No Guests! There can only be one person per nail tech in the salon at a time. Do not bring anyone to your appointment with you, they will not be able to wait inside while you are getting your nails done.

5. NO WAITING INSIDE! We cannot have people waiting inside the salon. When you arrive for your appointment, please text me to let me know you are here and I will let you know when I'm ready for you to come in. 

6. Sign the Waiver! It's just a basic form that says you understand that no matter how hard we work to protect your health and safety, there are no guarantees that you won't get sick. 

You've probably seen them posted on the entrance of about every business that's open. We're just going one step further to make sure you can't say "I didn't see that."


Online booking is currently not available. All appointments will have to be scheduled directly with me. Text me (or leave a voicemail, but really, text me) at my business number: 559-640-7319 for appointments.

I am not currently taking new clients! If you have never been to me before, I will be happy to take your information and put it on a wait list, but at this time, I am choosing to reopen slowly and will be keeping my availability to a minimum.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment