Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Long Time No Post




In case you've  been wondering what I've been up to since announcing my intention to retire from a 25 year career as a professional nail artist back in 2017...

Well first, I moved to South Lake Tahoe to live in a tiny cottage with a dog that hated me and live my life as a hermit I mean, writer.

As it turns out, I'm not really an introvert who thrives on silence and solitude.

Maybe I should have guessed that from spending 25 years talking my tongue out to every poor soul who dared to let me hold their hands for an hour?

Well, maybe you knew already knew, but it was news to me.

I lost the dog in the dead of winter and the tiny cottage got tinier, colder, and lonelier.

A year after moving to Tahoe, I found myself-- much to my surprise-- back in the central valley spending my days helping a buddy get his calf operation off the ground.

???

Yup, that's what I said. I went from spending my days covered in dust and glitter to spending my days covered in mud and...shall we just say "cow?"

 But baby cows...How could I refuse?

How did I go from one extreme to the other? Swing by for a nail appointment some time and I'll give you the short version. (Lie. It is a well-known fact that I am unable to tell the short version of any story!)

~Magz












No comments:

Post a Comment